I was born in Lampung, South Sumatera, Indonesia in 12th September 1977. After the high school in 1996, I decided to move from Lampung to grab my dream and have a career in Art and Design in Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), West Java, Indonesia, from 1996-2001 and 2003-2005, specialized in Graphic Art/Print Making and Fine Art. Under the the famous artist, curator and lecturer in fine art ITB such as; Setiawan Sabana, Rikrik Kusmara, Tisna Sanjaya and Asmudjo Jono Irianto, Hendrawan Riyanto (RIP), Prof. Bambang Sugiharto, and I began my career as a IT Consultant, Art and Design Lecturer and fine art artist, until now.
I love drawing and doing record some people face from other profession, ethnic, country, race or from the past time untill now. The silent gesture speaks more than thousand words, for me it’s a mistery. Thousand years from now, I believe, portrait painting or drawing still exist. Having engaged subjects as diverse as the socialist movement icon, rock music and modernist painting, my work reproduces familiar visual signs, arranging them into new conceptually layered pieces.
My influences are first and foremost everything I see, feel and experience, but I've always loved portrait drawing from Andrew Loomis, Henry Yan, Zimou Tan, Jan Van Eyck, etc. The artists I most admire are Damien Hirst, Christo, Yves Klein, Francis Bacon, Chuck Close, Yayoi Kusama, and now I am very love artwork illustration from several illustrator and drawing artist from Indonesia, Korea and Iran, just named it; Agus Suwage, Agung Kurniawan, Tisna Sanjaya, Eddie Harra, Farhad Moshiri and Kim Jung-Gi, etc.
Komplek Taman Melati, Blok E1-6, Pasir Impun,
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia 40194
Mobile: 087822471429 / WA : 088218216449
see my portfolio of drawing on :
EXPERIENCE & SOLO AND GROUP EXHIBITION
1. Group Exhibition at Galeri Soemardja, Bandung, West Java
With Studio Seni Grafis ITB (1997).
2. Workshop Allugraphy ( print making using iron /allumunium plates) in Studio Red Point Bandung (one week ), 1998 – with Dutch Artist.
3. Community Exhibition at Galeri Lontar, Jakarta with Studio Seni Grafis ITB (1998).
4. Drawing 2000/Art Asian Exhibition, at The Substantion Gallery, Singapore (2000).
5. Thesis – Art Project Based Exhibition at Galeri Soemardja, Bandung, West Java ITB (2005).
6. “Warning Idea” /Solo Exhibition at btw Gallery, Bandung (2005). Curatorial and Organized by Beni Sasmito – Jajang S. (ITB and Unikom Bandung)
7. HYPE / Graphic Art. Online Exhibition in Hype Gallery , Singapore (2007). Sponsored by Hewlett Packard, Singapore.
8. “Menerawang Masa Depan”, Art and Design, Lecturer group exhibition at Bina Nusantara University, Jakarta (2013)
9. “Gatot Kaca”, Art and Design, Lecturer group exhibition at Bina Nusantara University, Jakarta (2013)
10. “Opening House Surya Research Center”, Art, Design and Culture in Drawing/group exhibition at Surya Research Center, Tangerang (2013).
11. Tak Kie Project: Recollecting Memory, Group Exhibition with 6 artist, in Traditional Kopitiam in Glodok, Jakarta. (2015)
12. Plasa Desain : AnacDote. Group Exhibition in Art1 Gallery Kemayoran, Jakarta. Curator. (2015)
13. Online Group Exhibition: KERJA ATAU MATI. Arranged by Kultur Blender. www.kulturblender .com. 2015
14. KILLSKILL: Explorasi Visual Atas Keberanian. Group Exhibition. Suar Art Space, Jakarta Selatan. November 2015
15. Serangan Seni – Cerita Hari Esok , Group Exhibition di Bina Nusantara University, Maret 2016
16. Kuratorial. Pameran Tunggal: Yati Mariana Garnadi; “ Memory, Color and Historia”, Medco Building Energy, SCBD – Jakarta Selatan, Maret 2016
17. KILLSKILL: Napas Lama. Group Exhibition. Sarasvati / Roemah Seni Sarasvati, Bandung. Maret – April 2016.
18. Zona#1 – Versi Resepsi, Group Exhibition. Seniman Jawa Barat, Bandung Indonesia, Dago Thee Huis. Agustus 2016.