sorin dumitrescu mihaestiwww.ArtPal.com/sorinmdumitrescu
Romanian painter - born: 16.03. 1961 - ROMANIA
- 1989 personal exhibition - Pitesti
- 1991 personal exhibition - Pitesti Metopa Gallery
- 1992 personal exhibition - Bucuresti
- 1992 personal exhibition - Sibiu
- 1996 personal exhibition - Avanpost Gallery Bucuresti
- 1998 personal exhibition - Art Gallery Timisoara
- 1999 personal exhibition - The Romanian Parliament Bucuresti
- 1999 personal exhibition - Turkish Romanian Bank Pitesti
- 2001 personal exhibition - The Romanian Parliament Bucuresti
- 2003 personal exhibition - The Constantin Brâncoveanu
- 2005 personal exhibition - Arta Gallery Câmpulung
- 2006 personal exhibition - The Arges County Museum Pitesti
- 2007 participant at the painting/graphics contest
,,Contrapunct Biblie Art'' Lutheran Church Cisnadie
- 2007 personal exhibition - Art VO Gallery Sibiu. The event is
part of the Sibiu European Capital of Culture 2007 Project.
- 2007 Participant at the group exhibition, 2007 Art VO Review"
the exhibition hall of the Max Restaurant Sibiu.
- 2008 Participant at the group exhibition ,, Improvisations" Art
Cafe, Sibiu. The event is part of the NART Festival 2008,
- 2008 personal exhibition - Art VO Gallery Sibiu
- 1990 PARIS The Independents' Hall
- 1992 AUGSBURG, Germany - Personal exhibition
- 2004 PARIS The Romanian Cultural Institute - Personal
- 2010 WIEN – The Gallery Steiner - personal exhibition
- 2009 SALZBURG - Bashimi Art House - Group exhibition
- 2010 HAMBURG – Marziart Internazionale Galerie - Group exhibition
- 2010 OSTERGADE DENMARK – Gallery Sigvardson - Group exhibition
- 2010 LONDON – The Brick Lane gallery - Group exhibition
- 2008 Second Prize The Painting Contest „Dreamland
Transsylvania", organized by the Lutheran Church Cisnadie.
Works in private collections: Romania, Germany, France, USA,
Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Canada, Bolivia, Austria
My art bears no epic motifs insofar as all ontological displays of instances are mere illusions in my opinion. Only the settlements by their oracular purpose and the core embodiments of objects and human beings entail abysmal movements and life. So much the better figuratively assuming that from these embodiments a jester emerges who performs or clumsily juggles with a spoon! However, this overrides the painter’s intent. This occured likewise in regards to the portraits that I have lately been painting. They come solely from within.
I paint revelations and neither of them resembles another. Therefore, I have finally redeemed myself from the obsession of collapsing into Mannerism.
Apart from this, what abides is the joy that I have released myself from the genetic message.