SOUTH AFRICAN SURREALISM: The Art of Ras Steynwww.ArtPal.com/rassteyn
Researcher & Academic Specialist: Surrealism & Contemporary Arts & Culture (Editing, citation and format)
Collector of Antiquarian Books / First Editions.
Artist: Digital Fine Art
Fiction Writer: Surrealist Horror or Dark Fantasy
• Cultural Issues: Aesthetics, Metaphysics, Virtual Innovation, Identity.
• History: Classical up to and including Postmodernist Issues*
• Entertainment: Dark Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction Books & Films.
• Visual Communication: Identifying links between art, science, religion and technological evolution.
• Criticism and Analysis: The protean nature of Cyber/techno-Surrealism, The Other, Bodily Ethics, Biotechnological Design.
*The writing of history-specific policies, procedures, syllabi, learning outcomes, specific objectives; as well as the streamlining and reconfiguring of theory assessment criteria.
• Guidance regarding the assembling of portfolios for
• Music review writing.
• Dissertation co-supervisor: Editing, citation and format*
• Basic principles of academic research*
• Current project: Flesh Physix (An anthology of surrealist fiction).
• Composing electronic ambient music for short stories and poems.
• Digital Illustration: Multiple Subject matters (Classical to Contemporary Expressive or Reductive Abstraction).
• Abstract Photography.
• Communication and Teaching Skills Development.