Art by Julie Lemonswww.ArtPal.com/julielemons
My professional background as a Graphic Designer (Lincoln Public Schools) also influenced me (retired after 18+ years). Integrating graphics and fine arts allows even more creativity. Encouraging others in art is a given. It also helps to keep my imagination alive by being involved in local galleries and art clubs. I am thankful to my husband, family and friends for their support. Being a successful artist is having faith and love shine through my art. My art has been found throughout the United States, South America, and Europe. My work has also shown on the cover and pages of the Lincoln 55+ Seniors Paper three times. Various Art Shows have included Against the Wall Art Gallery-Lincoln, ANAC state art shows, Columbus Art Gallery, Kimmel Art Center in Nebraska City (August 2013, two pieces were purchased by Nebraska City), Union College-Lincoln (September 2013), The Nebraska Club (2010-2015), Crane Trust Nature and Visitor Center (2015), the Nebraska Governor’s Residence (2015), art shows in North Texas thru GAVA, Lincoln Artists' Guild, Noyes Art Gallery, GAVA venues, and at Blue Diamond Art Gallery. My first national art award came through entering my artwork in the Nebraska American Mothers Association. I have received many Best of Show and People’s Choice Awards through Nebraska state and local art competitions.
• Teaches fine art lessons at Michael's Arts and Craft Store, Denton, TX.
• GAVA Member, Gainesville Area Visual Arts, Gainesville, TX, www.gainesvillevisualarts.org
• Lincoln Artists’ Guild, president (2007-2010), adviser/program chair, http://www.lincolnartistsguild.org/
• Association of Nebraska Art Clubs (ANAC), president (2011-2012), member 2005-2016, http://nebraskaartclubs.org
• Past Member, Noyes Art Gallery,119 South 9th St., Lincoln, NE 68508, www.noyesartgallery.com
• Nebraska Mothers Association and American Mothers, Inc.®, www.americanmothers.org
• President 2012-13 and 2010 Nebraska Mother of the Year & National Merit Mother 2010 of American Mothers, Inc.®
• Illustrations in four books, "Naturally Wild: How to Paint Using Pastels" by Julie Lemons, “Always on Target: Adventurous Annie Oakley” by Charlotte Endorf and “Eliza the Pig” by Alexandra McClanahan, “Dolly the Dolphin” by Viola Echols
• 2017-18: Volunteered art services at Krum Library, Krum, TX
• Education: B.A. Graphic Design, Cum Laude, Alumni Senior Award, Pinnacle National Honor Society, Doane College, Nebraska
Western and Midwest
Nature: Trees, Flowers, Butterflies