Beautifully Broken Heartswww.ArtPal.com/bbh
Visit Beautifully Broken Hearts here: www.beautifullybrokenhearts.com
Michael Bookout was born in San Francisco, CA, USA, in the year 1953. He showed a fanatical desire to draw at age three. Michael spent most of his childhood in Fresno, California. Michael moved to Sacramento and graduated from American River Jr. College. He then attended The University of Sacramento and graduated with a secondary ‘clear’ teaching credential in 1978. Through all these years, Michael practiced and majored in the arts. Michael traveled to Europe to study art at age nineteen and stayed in the art colony of the island Ibiza, Spain. Michael started his own janitorial cleaning business in the year 1979 and continues to clean to this day. Michael partook in many art shows and was all but obscured until the time of his daughter Emily’s death in 2007. Two articles were written about his use of art for the purpose of healing one: The Sacramento Bee in 2008 and two: The News and Review in 2012. These articles caught the attention of a filming crew who began and then due to finances abandoned a feature documentary. Michael’s Sadley Brisbayne has had an iconic effect in the community.
Michael is currently working on:
- As Far as the Mind May Dream / Book III (Book II was completed earlier this year)
- Audra and the Mermaid / Short story / Begun 2017
- Amaranth the Never Lover / Novel in the rewrite - Est 1300 pages
- The Wild Wild Space Adventures of Natalie Rose and Her Bad Little Kitty Marcus
- Recently the completion of 40 oil on canvas ‘Serbian/Bosnian.’ The continued examination of war and atrocity. This series was begun in 1978.