Barney Ortiz started his art courses early in life with the Spanish painter José Azaustre, who taught him the essence of art and encouraged Ortiz to enter the School of Fine Arts in San Juan, Puerto Rico. During his years as a student of fine arts, he was influenced by his teachers like graphic artist Manuel Fonteboa, who taught him how 'to be free in his expression.' Fran Cervoni, who taught the importance of drawing. The expression of Ortiz comes to an interpretative maturity with the series ' Fire and Water '.
• 2015 Colegio de Abogados de PR, San Juan, PR
• 2006 Skylite gallery, Walla Walla, Washington, US
• 2006 Palmas del Mar Country Club, Humacao, PR
• 2005 Cruz Roja, Hurricane Katrina Relief, Palmas del Mar, Humacao, P.R.
• 2005 Centro de Bellas Artes, Guaynabo, P.R.
• 2005 Palmas del Mar Country Club, Humacao, P.R.
• 2004 Instituto de Diseño de int., Bayamon, P.R.
• 2001 Lobby Rio Mar Beach Resort, Rio Grande, P.R
• 2000 Lobby Caribe Hilton, San Juan, P.R.